Some of the toughest times in my life were when I allowed myself to be distanced from God. I've never left the church, but there are times when I wasn't fully connected for various reasons. When this happened, I found myself making poor choices and making life more difficult than it needed to be.
To keep this from happening again, I've tried to find resources that keep me grounded in God’s word, so that I don't stray too far. These resources are not a substitute for being engaged in a church, but can be a great way to supplement your learning or help you if you are not currently a member of a church for any reason.
- Man in the Mirror - I listen to the Man in the Mirror Bible study podcast every week. They are great for individual study or for a small group to listen to together.
- WiRE Email Devotional – This comes via email several times a week. It’s a great way to start your day.
- Men's Prayer Conference Call – This call occurs every Saturday morning. We have a short devotion and prayer requests. See the show notes from the episode #2 - How to Build a Powerful Prayer Call with James Jones for more information on how you can join.
- Your Move with Andy Stanley Podcast - In this weekly 30-minute audio podcast from Andy you will discover how to make better decisions and have fewer regrets. Andy’s messages are easy to follow and are easily applicable to everyday life.
- Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast – This is a must-listen if you are a leader in your church or any other organization. Although Andy is a pastor, his advice could easily be used outside of the church as well.
- Real Men University – This is a campus (Facebook) community where purpose-driven, God-loving men learn how to succeed and win as husbands, fathers, and leaders. It’s a great community for learning from other men and to be held accountable.
These are the resources I use, but I would love to learn about more. Tell me about your favorite ways to stay connected in the comments or email me.